Sacramento Regional Chapter Laptop Scholarship
As a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, California Women Lead is dedicated to providing leadership, training and support for women interested in or who hold elected and appointed offices. Its mission is to give the women of California the tools they need to be successful in both their political and professional lives. While women have made significant gains in California, the efforts to achieve parity for all women and girls must continue. The first step in encouraging women to be leaders begins at the local level and it starts with students.
The Sacramento Regional Chapter of California Women Lead is pleased to support the Laptop Scholarship Program for 2012. By honoring a deserving woman with a laptop, the Sacramento Regional Chapter hopes to help her achieve her academic and career objectives. Women from low-income backgrounds, former foster youth, or those formerly homeless are strongly encouraged to apply. Completed applications must be postmarked by NOVEMBER 1, 2012, to be eligible.
One Scholarship Recipient will be selected to receive one laptop (which may include Microsoft Office software), with a total value not to exceed $800. California Women Lead is not responsible for any expenses incurred for other software, accessories, warranty work, technical issues and/or upgrades.
Women from low-income backgrounds, former foster youth or those formerly homeless are encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time college student at an accredited public or private college/university within the following counties: Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, Yuba, El Dorado Hills, and San Joaquin
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA / B Average
- Women from low-income backgrounds, domestic violence survivors, former foster youth and those formerly homeless will be given first priority.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of financial need, academic performance, leadership potential, and courage in overcoming adversity. Applications will be reviewed by the CA Women Lead, Sacramento Regional Chapter Board of Directors. Top finalists may be called for an interview. The scholarship recipient will be notified of her award by the first week in December and honored at the California Women Lead holiday event on December 11, 2012.
How to Apply:
- Complete and sign the attached application
- Answer two brief essay questions
- Submit two letters of recommendation on person’s letterhead
- Submit official transcript
- Submit a copy of FAFSA/SAR
Mail Completed Applications to:
California Women Lead (Sac Regional Chapter)
Laptop Scholarship Program
1201 K Street, Suite 1850
Sacramento, CA 95814
Click here to download the application»
If you have any questions, please contact Rita Gallardo (email@example.com) or call (562) 659-1767.